- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- ½ red chilli pepper, finely chopped
- ½ tsp sambal
- 1 dl vegetable stock
- ½ dl white wine
- 200 g orzo (Greek pasta)
- 1 kg vongole, thoroughly rinsed
- 3 ripe tomatoes
- 1 bunch of basil, finely chopped
- 1 bunch of flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 bunch of lovage, finely chopped
- juice and zest of 1 lemon (preferably organic)
Set the omni cooker to Brown/ Sauté and fry the shallots with the garlic, chilli pepper and sambal.
Deglaze with the vegetable stock and white wine and bring to the boil. Set the omni cooker to Simmer and adjust the temperature to 95°C.
Add the orzo and cook the pasta until tender, for about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, peel the tomatoes, remove the seeds and cut them into small cubes.
Add the tomatoes, herbs, lemon juice and clams and put the omni cooker on Steam. Steam for a few minutes until the scallops are open.
Sprinkle with the lemon zest.