- 300 g peeled and cleaned shrimp
- 50 g unsalted peanuts, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 5 spring onions, sliced diagonally
- 60 ml sweet chilli sauce
- 400 g rice noodles, soaked for 2 minutes in warm water
- 2 heads pak choi, finely sliced
- 100 g bean sprouts
- 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (to taste, fish sauce is a salt substitute)
- 1 bunch fresh coriander
Chop the peanuts and fry them for 1 minute in a preheated wok until lightly toasted. Set aside. In the same wok, heat 1 tablespoon of peanut oil over medium heat. Stir-fry the garlic and spring onions for 1 to 2 minutes until soft.
Stir in the sweet chilli sauce and a dash of water and add the soaked noodles. Stir-fry for another 3 minutes or so.
Then add the finely sliced pak choi and the raw shrimp and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes.
Season with chopped coriander (reserve a few leaves to garnish), the lime juice and 2 tablespoons of fish sauce. Garnish with the toasted peanuts, a few coriander leaves and enjoy!